In life, frequency of using electric drills is very high, so do you know what to pay attention to when using electric drills and how to maintain them?
Precautions when using an electric drill:
1. Wear a face shield when working face up. Wear eye protection goggles when drilling holes in cast iron.
2. The drill and holder must be compatible and drill holder must be properly installed.
3. The drill gets very hot during operation, be careful not to burn your skin.
4. When drilling with a hand-held electric drill with a diameter of Φ12 mm or more, use a pistol drill with a side handle.
5. When working on a ladder or working at height, take steps to prevent falling from a high place, ladder must be supported by ground personnel.
6. Make sure that power source connected to site matches nameplate of drill and that a leakage protection device is connected.
7. Make sure switch on electric drill is in locked state, otherwise, when plug is inserted into socket, electric drill will rotate, which may cause injury.
8. If workplace is far from power source and cable needs to be extended, an extension cable with sufficient power and qualified installation should be used. If cable passes through a passage, it should be lifted or measures taken to prevent cable from being crushed and damaged.
9. It is prohibited to directly clean drill cuttings generated during drilling process by hand, and special tools must be used to clean the drill cuttings.
Maintenance and inspection:
1. Check drill: Using a blunt or bent drill will cause abnormal working conditions on overload surface of motor and reduce working efficiency, so if such a situation is found, it should be replaced immediately.
2.Check fixing screws of electric drill body: Before use, check tightness of fixing screws of electric drill body. If screws are loose, tighten them immediately, otherwise electric drill will be damaged.
3. Check carbon brushes: The carbon brushes on motor are consumables. As soon as wear exceeds limit, engine will fail. Therefore, worn carbon brushes should be replaced immediately and carbon brushes should be kept clean frequently.
4. Checking protective earth wire: The protective earth wire is an important measure to protect personal safety, so class I devices (metal enclosures) should always check that their enclosures are well grounded.
The above is an introduction to this article on electric drills, I hope you find it helpful. For more information about tools and hardware, please follow me to learn more!