Electric hammer is a common power tool widely used in construction, decoration and other fields. Proper use of an electric hammer can improve work efficiency, but improper use can lead to accidents. Below are some common sense and precautions for proper use of electric hammers.
1. Choose right electric hammer: Choose right electric hammer according to needs of job, and different types of electric hammers are suitable for different jobs. For example, a light punch is suitable for small holes and light hits, while a heavy duty drill is suitable for large holes and hard hits.
2. Choose right accessories: The right choice of hammer accessories can improve work efficiency and safety. For example, choosing right drill bits and accessories for rock drills can reduce shock and vibration, reduce hand fatigue, and reduce the risk of injury.
3. Wear protective equipment: When using an electric hammer, you should wear appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, goggles, earplugs, etc. This protective equipment can reduce harm of noise, vibration, and dust to body.
4. Keep electric hammer dry: The electric hammer must be kept dry to prevent rainwater or other liquids from entering electric hammer to prevent damage to electric hammer or creating safety hazards.
Precautions when using an electric hammer
1. Ensure safety of electric hammer: When using an electric hammer, make sure that electric hammer is safe first. The electric hammer must be certified and must not have any damage or defects. In addition, you should check integrity of power cord of electric hammer and grounding of mains plug.
2. Determine position of drilled hole: Before using electric hammer, determine position of drilled hole and make sure that there are no water pipes, cables and other pipelines nearby. If pipelines are present, associated water and electricity supplies must be switched off to avoid accidents.
3. Use correct mode of action: When using an electric hammer, you must use correct mode of action. The hammer must be pointed vertically into material to avoid excessive rocking and vibration.