A hydraulic wrench can help us accomplish many tasks such as tightening bolts, nuts, etc. However, wrong selection or misuse can lead to problems such as low work efficiency and potential safety hazards. Therefore, this article will introduce selection skills and precautions for hydraulic tongs.
1. Hydraulic tong selection skills
1. Choose model that suits you. There are many types of hydraulic wrenches, such as single acting, double acting, angle wrenches, parallel wrenches, etc. When purchasing, you should choose right model according to your working needs. For example, a single-acting hydraulic wrench is suitable for tightening bolts, while a double-acting hydraulic wrench is suitable for tightening nuts.
2. Choose right size. The specifications of hydraulic wrench are usually specified in inches, such as 3/4 inch, 1 inch, etc. When purchasing, you should select appropriate specifications of hydraulic wrench according to specifications of bolts or nuts to be tightened.
3. Choose a brand with reliable quality. The hydraulic wrench is a precision tool, so choosing a brand with unreliable quality will affect work efficiency and safety.
2. Hydraulic Wrench Precautions
1. Before using hydraulic wrench, you should check if there is enough hydraulic oil, if bolts or nuts are clean, if hydraulic wrench is not damaged, etc. before using hydraulic wrench. If a problem is found, it should be corrected in time.
2. Pay attention to safety when using a hydraulic tong When using a hydraulic tong, pay attention to safety. For example, wear proper protective gear, do not put your fingers on piston of a hydraulic tong, avoid using a hydraulic tong with a bolt or nut that is out of specification, etc.
3. After using hydraulic tong, it should be maintained. After using hydraulic tong, it should be cleaned in time and stored in a dry and ventilated place. If hydraulic tong is not used for a long time, its hydraulic oil must be drained.
In short, hydraulic wrench is a widely used tool, but some skills and precautions should be paid attention to when purchasing and using it to ensure work is efficient and safe.