Hand brushing is the oldest and simplest painting and coating process. It mainly uses a brush to pick up paint or paint objects or planes. This process is suitable for any object. All types of paints (except volatile pigments, which dry too quickly due to brush marks). Due to the quality of manual brushing, it mainly depends on the actual experience and skills of the operator. Therefore, it is necessary to know some skills before doing manual cleaning, so here we provide some manual cleaning processes and skills.
1. Brush tool:
There are many brushes of different sizes, materials and shapes for painting. When painting, the focus is on the material and size of the brushes. When applied with a brush, it can be divided into hard brush and soft brush according to the material. High viscosity paint (such as primer) is suitable for hard brush, and low viscosity and quick-drying paint (such as varnish) is suitable. for a soft brush. The size of the cleaning tool mainly depends on the size of the object or plane and personal preference. Necessary conditions for the selection of brush tools: the bristles must be clean, neat, non-sticky, curled, not crumbling.2. Prepare before painting:
The paint must be completely evenly mixed before brushing. The paint must be free of particles or crusts. In this case, use a filtration filter to remove impurities such as particles and crusts. Because some paints need to be thinned, otherwise it will affect the effect of the brush. Before using the paint, read the instructions to see if the paint needs to be thinned. If necessary, you can add the appropriate amount of thinner according to the ratio in the instructions, and then brush.
3. The cleaning operation usually includes three steps: coating, smoothing and modification:
1) Use a brush dipped in paint to apply the brush to the surface of the object to be coated.
2) Use the brush to smudge the paint up and down until it's even. Each coat of paint should be of moderate thickness. If it is too thick, it will wrinkle. If it is too thin, the bottom will be exposed.
3) Finally, lightly stroke the brush in a certain direction to remove brush marks and roughness.4. Brushing skills:
1) When using a brush to pick up paint, the part of the bristle of the brush immersed in the paint should not exceed half the length of the bristle, and then the dipped brush needs to be docked in the hole of the container or wiped gently to remove the brush. Too much paint, do not let paint on the surface of an object or on the ground.
2) To form an even and smooth coating film, it is best to hold the brush at an angle of 45-60 ° to the surface to be painted, and then apply the paint evenly on the object or plane.
3) Brushing from top to bottom, left to right, first inside, then outside, first oblique, then straight, first difficult, then light, vertical and horizontal brushing. Finally, use the brush to carefully paint over the edges and corners or uneven areas so that the paint can form an even film on the object or plane.
4) To form a smooth, continuous coat, brush first in one direction and then in a vertical direction.
5) To remove bubbles and make the coating film smooth, use a brush to brush gently in one direction until there are no bubbles left in the coating film.
6) For paint that dries too quickly, the coating surface can be divided into many areas for brushing. The surface of each part should be as quick and accurate as possible, and repeated brushing should be avoided, which will lead to serious brush marks. .
7) When the brush is paused for a short time, the bristles of the brush should be hung on a bucket of paint or in water, or wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent drying. If it is not used for a long time, it must be thoroughly rinsed with water or an appropriate solvent and dried.
8) At the end of cleaning, especially the last cleaning, the vertical plane should be done from top to bottom, the horizontal surface should be done in the direction of the light, and the wood surface should be done along the grain of the wood. .