A soldering station is a hand tool commonly used in electronics soldering processes. It melts two blanks by heating the solder (usually tin wire). The following editor will introduce you to which is better, a soldering station or an electric soldering iron? How to use a soldering station? Which is more practical, a soldering station or a hot air gun? Let's find out together!Which is better, a soldering station or an electric soldering iron?
In fact, a soldering station is also a kind of electric soldering iron. This is just a new welding tool that appeared in connection with the development of welding technology with the development of electronic welding. Therefore, many now call the soldering station an electric soldering iron. In fact, the current soldering station has been greatly developed, there are many brands, and there is a lot of development in functions! We often solder on a stationary bench, and a soldering station has obvious advantages.
1. The soldering station has a power switch, turn it on when in use and off when not in use. It's easier than turning on the TV, as easy as turning the lights on and off.
2. There is a light indicator. If you forget to turn off the soldering station, you will immediately see if the soldering station is working from a distance of several meters.
3. With the function of constant temperature and temperature adjustment, the soldering iron tip is not easy to burn out and has a long service life.
4. Temperature recovery is faster. Soldering an electrolytic capacitor on a computer motherboard is not a problem. The soldering station can be used as a 30W soldering iron or a 60W soldering iron.
Some employees once compared the effectiveness of replacing capacitors on the motherboard with an external 40W thermoelectric soldering iron and an imitation of a 936 soldering station. A 30W soldering iron almost broke the motherboard in 1.5 hours. With the help of the 936 soldering station, it took only ten minutes to change the new capacitors, for a total of 21 capacitors.
Remove the capacitors on the motherboard with the pointed end of a soldering iron and place the capacitors on a large area of the copper pads.
1. Use a new tin to apply two solder joints, melt the solder joints at the same time, wait more than ten seconds, and let the PCB heat up.
2. With the other hand, gently shake and pull out the capacitor.
3. If the soldering hole is large enough, pierce the soldering hole with a sharp, round tip of the soldering iron, and then pull it out to bring out most of the solder.
4. Poke the hole with a toothpick.
5. Solder a new capacitor. If you feel that the temperature increase is not enough, you can use the measuring surface of a soldering iron to solder.
The advantage of conventional soldering irons is that they are portable. The disadvantage is the relatively high demands on the skills of the welder. Personally, I think that if you know how to use a regular soldering iron, then using a soldering station will be very simple. I'm used to a soldering station, not necessarily a regular soldering iron.
Comparison of the advantages of a soldering station and an electric soldering iron:
1. Comparison of efficiency. The efficiency of the constant temperature soldering station is relatively high, and the thermal efficiency can reach about 80%. Generally 50% electric soldering ironnot bad;
2. Compared with the energy consumption, the energy consumption of the constant temperature soldering station is relatively low, because when the adjusted temperature is reached, no heating is performed, and the corresponding energy consumption is relatively low, that is, the same welding effect, the soldering station consumes less Less electricity;
3. Compared with the return temperature, the return temperature of the soldering station is higher, and the corresponding workers have higher work efficiency;
4. Compared with the service life of consumables, the temperature of the soldering station is controlled and will not rise indefinitely, so the service life of the soldering iron tip and the service life of the heating rod are relatively high;
5. Safety comparison, the handle voltage of the soldering station is only 24V AC, which is a safe voltage, and generally there will be no electric shock;
6. Compared with anti-static, the soldering station has the function of removing static electricity, while the electric soldering iron generally does not.How to use the soldering station
(1) Turn on the power switch of the soldering hot air station first.
(2) Adjust the wind power knob and the temperature knob of the hot air soldering station. Generally, the temperature is adjusted by 3 or 4 gears, and the wind power is adjusted by 4 gears. Users can set it according to the actual situation, but the temperature and wind should not be too high, so as not to burn the chips or components.
(3) Point the nozzle of the air gun at the part of the BIOS chip to be soldered, usually about 2 cm above it.
(4) When desoldering, you need to move back and forth over the solder points around the BIOS chip or the tin points on the contact corners to heat up. When the tin point reaches the melting point, it will automatically melt and the chip will weaken.
(5) After the chip is completely detached, it can be removed with tweezers. Turn off the power switch of the hot air soldering station. At this time, the air outlet of the hot air welding station will continue to supply air, which is cold air from the machine itself, to remove heat from the air outlet. When the temperature of the air outlet falls to a certain level, the hot air welding station will automatically close.
(6) After soldering is completed, in order to ensure good contact between the corner parts of the soldered chip and the main board, you can add an appropriate amount of flux on the PCB to the pin corner of the chip, and then use an electric soldering iron to solder it a little to make sure that the chip has good contact with the contact corners.Which is more practical, a soldering station or a hair dryer?
A soldering station is a hand-held tool commonly used in electronics soldering processes to weld two parts together by heating the solder (usually tin wire) to melt it.
Currently, in order to protect the environment, countries have banned the use of lead-containing solder, which increases the soldering temperature, because the melting point of lead-free tin wire is higher than that of tin and lead wire. . There are higher requirements for temperature compensation, temperature rise rate and temperature return rate of soldering stations. Temperature rise and temperature return rate are important indicators of production efficiency, so choosing a good soldering station depends on its ability to control temperature. This is a huge gap with the traditional soldering iron.
There are many ways to control temperature, but the simplest is variable power control. A soldering station uses a soldering iron to quickly transfer heat to the workpiece to control temperature. Another method is to use a thermostat to control the temperature by turning the power on or off. There is also a more advanced solution that uses an onboard chip to detect the temperature of the soldering tip and then adjusts the thermostat power to control the temperature. When the temperature of the tip is lower than the set temperature, the main unit turns on and supplies power to the thermostat to generate heat. When the temperature of the soldering tip is higher than the set temperature, the main unit turns off. turns off and stops heating.