I recently wrote some power drill reviews and shared with you some of my favorite brands of power tools. Such as Bosch, Dayou, DeWalt, Metabo and so on. Today I want to introduce you to the encyclopedic knowledge of power tools. This article covers four aspects of introducing, buying, using and maintaining a power tool. I hope it will be useful to you.
1. Introduction: What do you know about electric drills?
Electric drills are widely used drilling, screwdriving and screwdriving tools in the mechanical engineering, construction and finishing industries. The electric drill first used cast iron as the body, and later aluminum alloy was used as the body. In the 1960s, thermoplastic engineering plastics were applied to electric drills and provided double insulation for electric drills. Electric drills with electronic speed control also appeared in the 1900s. This type of electric drill uses components such as thyristors to form electronic circuits, and the speed is adjusted according to the pressing depth of the switch button, so that the electric drill can be used according to different work objects (such as different materials, drilling diameters, etc.). e.) Select a different speed.
Classification of electric drills:
Electric drills can be divided into 3 categories: hand drills, impact drills and rotary hammers.
1. Electric hand drill: the power is the smallest, and the scope of use is limited to wood drilling and as an electric screwdriver. Some electric hand drills can be turned into special tools according to the purpose, and there are many uses and models.
2. Impact drill: There are two types of impact mechanism of electric impact drill: dog tooth and ball. The ball impact electric drill consists of a movable plate, a fixed plate and steel balls.
3. Impact drill (electric hammer): It can drill holes in any material and has the widest range of applications.
How an electric drill works:
The working principle of the electric drill is that the motor rotor of the electromagnetic rotary or electromagnetic reciprocating motor of small power performs cutting and magnetic field work, drives the working device through the transmission mechanism, and drives the gear to increase power. drill, so that the drill scratches the surface of the object, better piercing objects.
2. Purchase: What are the ways to choose an electric drill?
Let's take the ceiling of a room as an example. The ceiling is made of reinforced concrete. It takes a lot of effort to drill holes with an impact drill. However, for drillers, rock drills should be preferred.
When hitting a wall, an impact drill will be more economical than an impact drill. The bottom line is that they have different designs and principles of operation. When hammer drilling, you only need to apply a small amount of force to start the drill head moving forward automatically.
Personally, I think that for home use, an electric drill does not mean that the brand is loud, and the price is high, it should be better than those that are not very well known, and you need to choose according to your own use. .
3. Usage: rulesBut are you familiar with the operation of an electric drill?
Personal protective equipment when using an electric drill
1. When working face up, wear a protective mask. When drilling holes in cast iron castings, wear safety goggles to protect your eyes.
2. The drill holder must be properly installed.
3. The drill is hot during operation, and care should be taken not to burn the skin.
4. When drilling with a hand-held electric drill with a diameter of Φ12mm or more, use a pistol drill with a side handle.
5. When working on ladders or working at heights, measures must be taken to prevent falls from a height and the ladder must be supported by ground personnel.
4. Maintenance: how much do you spend on daily cleaning and maintenance of an electric drill?
1. Loosen a few self-tapping screws or screws on the outside of the electric drill, lay flat and lift half of the body, in general, the design of the new handheld electric drill is semi-embedded, that is, all mechanical and electrical components are installed in the other half inside the body.
2. Remove the carbon brush carefully first, then remove the end of the drill chuck, then gently lift the motor to take out the rotor (do not damage the enameled wire), and clean the commutator on the rotor (the carbon brush is in contact with the brush), if it is too dirty or heavily worn, you can polish it with sandpaper first, and then polish it with water-filled sandpaper or metallic sandpaper until it is bright.
3. If the front and rear rotor bearings are sealed, you can wipe the outside clean. If the seal is broken, replace it in time. Wipe clean the helical shaft in front of the rotor.
4. Wipe off the oil inside the case. Clean the helical gear and bearings (or bushings) at both ends of the drill chuck shaft.
5. Reinstall the removed parts, install the rotor first, then install the helical gear of the drill chuck rod, install the carbon brush, if the carbon brush is shorter than 7-8mm, it should be replaced in time. The carbon brush should be installed and flattened. Finally, find some "Mobil" or "Shell" grease and add it between the gear pair and the bearing (or bushing). Tighten the screw, turn it by hand and feel that there is no sticking , you can turn on the power for a test run.