After a few years, everyone should be familiar with all kinds of temperature measurement equipment, because every day when entering and leaving community, entering metro bus, entering and exiting banks, hospitals and other places, you need to measure body temperature. Among them, an infrared thermometer that plays a role.
Infrared thermometers are used in a wide variety of applications, from various industries, temperature detection of electronic equipment and security areas to small applications in our daily lives. Many digital hobbyists also buy temperature measuring equipment to determine surface temperature. digital equipment.
So, how does it work?
All objects with a temperature above absolute zero constantly radiate infrared energy into surrounding space. The amount of infrared radiation energy of an object and its distribution over wavelengths are closely related to temperature of its surface. Therefore, by measuring infrared energy emitted by object itself, temperature of its surface can be accurately measured, which is objective basis for measuring infrared temperature.
When using an infrared thermometer, please note following:
1. The infrared thermometer only measures surface temperature, not internal temperature.
2. Wavelengths above 5 µm cannot pass through quartz glass for temperature measurement. Glass has special characteristics of reflection and transmission, which makes it impossible to accurately measure temperature in infrared range. But temperature can be measured through infrared window.
3. Infrared thermometers are not recommended for measuring temperature on polished metal surfaces such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
4. When a hot spot is detected, instrument aims at target and then scans target up and down until hot spot is located.
5. Steam, dust, smoke, etc. affect accuracy of temperature measurement.
The infrared thermometer is very useful, friends in need can consult us~